Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Week Back


My best friends at work Amy, Lori, Liz, & Donna

Lori, Donna, Jack, & Liz enjoying some yummy food.

Well, I have finished one week at school and it went great. Except for the minor detail of my classroom and seven others being broken into. They didn't steal anything from our room, but did steal a laptop, a flat screen monitor, a digital camera and other items from other rooms. They went through all of our cabinets and we had stuff everywhere. We felt so violated!!! I am sure the thieves were upset when all they could find in my class was play-doh and paints. At least, they didn't break anything other than our doors. We couldn't get in our room until mid-morning so the police could fingerprint everything so we had a really long recess. It is just really sad that people would do such a thing. Especially to a school that really prides itself on trying to help the neighborhood and take care of its students and families. How Sad! (This is the PPCD way of laying on the guilt when you are not doing what you are supposed too. Jack is now repeating this and I think it is so funny!) Hopefully, we will get new doors soon so our kids will stop ripping through the paper we have put up temporarily. Our kiddos are wonderful!!! We have never had such an easy start of school.

2 comments:

Travis said...

I just have to say - awesome picture of the family! Even Adam managed to look good.

Krista said...

Okay, I looked at your blog a while back but couldn't remember how to get back here; I'll have to add you to my links! Just have to say . . . LOVE your new blog header . . . what a GREAT picture of your sweet family! =)